54 Carey Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
ABOUT ROCKSPORT & OUR TEAM
- The employees of Rocksport are teachers, outdoor facilitators and licensed guides. It is a family-owned and operated business, instructing climbing and climbers since 1992.
- We are one of the oldest commercial climbing gyms in the United States!
- Our climbing team coaches feature a former National Competitor and a former National Park Climbing Ranger.
- We wrote an early guidebook (1976) to the Adirondacks and continue to develop new climbs and cliffs in the Lake George Region.
- We have travelled and climbed extensively all over the U. S. and Canada — from Yosemite and the North Cascades to the desert southwest and the Rockies.
- We’ve climbed in the great ranges of the world — from the Alps and Africa to several expeditions to the Himalayas.
- Rocksport features gentle challenges for the beginner, plenty of moderate terrain for the weekend warrior, and fierce overhanging climbing for the expert.
- We are a family-oriented facility with a passion for climbing.